Skip to main content

MTI transfers

If an MTI doctor requests to transfer to another NHS organisation during their placement, an MTI application form must be submitted to the Academy. All transfers must be authorised by the doctor’s current and future employer, GMC sponsoring organisation, and the deanery for the region to which they are transferring.

Please note, the Academy will not process requests for transfers if the doctor has an outstanding starter report.

We must be notified of all transfers at least two weeks in advance so that we can report them to UKVI. If a transfer occurs without us being properly notified, the doctor may be in breach of their visa conditions and risks having their sponsorship withdrawn.

All transfer requests should be submitted with:

  • A new MTI data protection consent form signed by the doctor
  • For overseas-funded posts, we will require documentary evidence of funding from the funding organisation.